All items sold or hired from Orbit Health & Fitness are covered by our comprehensive Orbit warranty, subject to the manufacturer specifications and service requirements and within the confines of any stress/weight/movement parameters set out in the manufacturer’s instruction manuals.
Please refer to Orbit warranty card for Orbit branded products or manufactures’ warranty card for non-Orbit branded products, within your user manual. If you feel that you have been promised anything in addition to or mismatch the details set forth in product warranty cards, which cover both Orbit branded and none Orbit branded products, please seek written clarification from Orbit Fitness to protect your legal rights under Australian Consumer Law.
Orbit Fitness Warranty Limitations and Exclusions
A limited warranty is only valid to Orbit Health & Fitness Solutions (Pty) Ltd, (which is recognised by the Orbit logo which is displayed on the products and which is also listed in our product list). This warranty shall not be valid, if the following conditions are not met throughout the warranty period.
- Warranty period begins from the date of purchase.
- This warranty excludes malfunction caused by misuse, abuse, negligence, accident, incorrect assembly or alteration by any unauthorised person.
- Warranty varies from product to product when you receive your fitness product please read the terms and conditions of the warranty that applies to the Orbit product you purchased (see Warranty Sheet).Some warranties are not covered if the product is not regularly serviced (see extended 10 yr motor warranty on some Orbit treadmills).
- A tax invoice as proof of purchase is required for all warranty claims. Otherwise sufficient information must be provided to enable Orbit to establish that there had been a direct purchase and transaction; information such as purchase date, store location, product code and description, purchaser’s name on invoice, contact number, address. While Orbit will do our best help establish a purchase, it is the sole responsibility of consumer to retain a tax invoice. Copy of invoice can be requested by providing accurate information as listed above, within time of warranty period.
- In case of a warranty claim, consumers are requested to return defective and/or damaged products to Orbit service department located at Unit 308, 396 Scarborough Beach Road, Osborne Park, WA 6017. Costs to transport the product to and from the service centre will be borne by the customer. Alternation can be arranged for customer to return and pick-up a service item from one of Orbit retail stores if the product is located 25km outside of Orbit service centre. Whereas a product is too heavy or too large for customer to handle, Orbit may elect to send our service technician to take out an on-site repair or have the product picked up for repair.
- On-site warranty repairs may incur a call-out fee after the labour component of warranty expires.
- This warranty extends to consumer use only and is void when the product is used for commercial, institutional, or hire use, except when the product is purchased from our commercial department and a commercial warranty is issued. Service conditions apply to product sold to commercial and institutional facilities.(refer to Orbit’s commercial division for details)
- Faults as a result of installation by Orbit Health & Fitness Solutions (Pty) Ltd must be reported within 7 days. Call us on 1300 134 213 & ask for the Service Division.
- Orbit Health & Fitness Solutions (Pty) Ltd warranty is non-transferable.
- The benefits of the manufacturer’s warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies of the consumer under a law in relation to the goods or services to which the warranty relates.
- Orbit Health & Fitness Solutions (Pty) Ltd will endeavour to repair products within the warranty period, failing that Orbit Health & Fitness Solutions (Pty) Ltd will replace with the same or equivalent product with the consent of the consumer. Any refund available will depend upon whether the product is within or outside the manufacturer’s warranty.
- All none Orbit branded products should carry manufacturers’ warranty cards which set out their own terms and conditions that should also comply to Australian Consumer Law. Whereas Orbit acts as an importer and distributor of such products, we’ll contact the manufacturer on your behalf to address your concerns related to warranty. Whereas there are manufacturers’ representative office/company/designated service contractor in Australia, please follow instructions in their warranty cards to contact them directly.
Australian Consumer Law
“Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
A Consumer has the right to refer their case to Dept. of Commerce, Consumer Protection for arbitration, if an agreement on a refund amount cannot be reached with Orbit.